Sunday, July 6, 2008

jiggedy jig

Home again. If I hoped for some kind of fresh vigor, I am afraid I didn't gain that by my week away. I'm nearly as frazzled and overwhelmed by what I have to handle as I was when I left. However, I did get a fresh perspective. I have sworn to keep it, whenever I am tempted to go further than I must to please my parents. My family needs me, my son and husband, and my friends, not just my parents. I made my parents my first priority, and they really shouldn't be. After they're gone, I'm going to have other relationships to sustain, and the truth is, I have let those go, letting my parents be first. I'll have to change that.
Of course, when there are emergencies, I will be there, but I want to remember my friends and my other family members as well.

6 comments:

Rebel Girl said...

Playing catch-up here - more soon, I hope.

Robbi N. said...

Hi Reb. Glad to hear from you! I know you've got your hands full most of the time. Hope you are having a good summer.

Anonymous said...

Feels like walking a tight-rope, on one side those needy parents, on the other your son and husband. I'm glad you are home safe.

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Lou. I'm glad to be back. Now I'm pondering whether we should move or not. A huge task, but maybe I'll feel less overwhelmed and depressed in a new clean place. R and J will be back tomorrow night. They couldn't get their flights changed.

Anonymous said...

Robbi,

You need to pick up your wr. 280 information from me, so that you can post your grades.

Beth

Robbi N. said...

Hi Beth. I'm sure you posted this Monday morning. I picked up the grades from you on Monday, as soon as I came back from yoga class and turned them in immediately even though I received no email or other notice reminding me to do so. I think something has been wrong with the system's mail.