Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time To Waste

Last night I went on Facebook for the first time in a long time and decided to take up a friend on one of those pleas to play a game. Normally, I just ignore those, and they pile up. I never had time before to think about it, and generally, it seemed like just a waste anyway, but there's a Scrabble type game and I decided to play it. I don't like to read instructions on those things, so at first, it took me a while to figure out what to do because obviously, it differs a little from board play and it isn't QUITE Scrabble. For example, I got the blank, and tried to play it in the way I would have a blank in a regular game. It didn't work, and no one would help me out, though I asked for help. So I just kept it till the end. I will read the instructions next time, or go on somewhere and ask more experienced players for help. Anyway, I blew away a passel of newbie players, getting nearly 600 on my score. It wasn't much of a challenge. I'm still on 80% to level 2! So I guess I will do that sometimes.
But I think I will also rejoin the Tikkun Olam committee at the synagogue now that I have more time. I'd rather be useful to someone who needs me than to sit playing games in front of the computer. I ought to be doing some writing too.

No comments: