Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Almost done with the semester

I just now met with my cheery early morning class and had a bit of a breakfast feast. I brought my homemade banana empanadas, which were not as good after being frozen as when I first baked them, orange juice, and cinnamon rolls. The students brought everything they promised to bring, and all but one I expected showed up. I collected the MW class's papers yesterday,but haven't really gotten a good start on them. I guess I need to go grade!
My friends at choir want me to put out applications for ESL jobs, but I really don't want to do them or feel qualified to do them either. In fact, I want to take fall off and go on unemployment, unless something really good comes through at UCI or Chapman. In the spring, I probably have at least one class, and I can get some tutoring or online writing of some kind in if I want to. The only thing is I don't know how to do contracting work without getting cheated, as I used to, and also, I'm not sure what to charge. If anyone has any ideas about this, let me know.

2 comments:

marly youmans said...

Well, it is a plan, and I think you could use a semi-rest while you look for something better.

Robbi N. said...

Yes. That's for sure.