Saturday, May 14, 2011

Visit with a Dead Aunt

Another dream. It really wasn't disturbing, rather sweet. R and I in this dream went to pick up an aunt of mine one sun drenched day. We met her in front of a building where she was supposed to live, not at her door, which I thought was odd. She was dressed in an odd sort of batik blue and white dress with matching hat and white shoes, though sometimes she turned barefoot, and her dress and hat became white. We wandered around though she was very very old, doing odd feats of climbing in and out of windows, as she chatted to us, and said that we should have visited long ago. R never met her.
In life I never liked her very much. She was very judgmental and didn't approve of me. I wasn't as she would have liked, but I had the feeling that there was nothing I could have done to change that. It was my mother she really didn't approve of, who was very different from this aunt. The aunt was a tough, pioneer type woman who worked as a teacher, while my mother was supposed to be very delicate and never really worked at anything outside the home. In truth, my mother turned out to be quite tough and resilient, even if she would have denied it.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like that dead aunt is watching over you, if you believe in that sort of thing. You have a lot of challenges in your life now, and she may just be checking in to give you some strength and comfort. What an interesting dream!

Robbi N. said...

Yes. It is hard to believe that my aunt would watch over me, but the fact that I was thinking of taking a trip to Israel would be something she would very much approve of!She was a huge Zionist. All of her children were born in Israel, and all but one lives there now.

marly youmans said...

Interesting. Perhaps she has changed in the intervening years! For she is right: there should have been visits long ago.

Robbi N. said...

Yes, and I was working working working, so I couldn't do it. But now I am afraid to spend money on such a thing.