Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mishaps Come In Threes

Today was a trying day. First thing this morning, I got an email about the account I tried to set up for my parents so I could cash that check. Guess what? It didn't work. They won't accept mom without a DMV ID, and the state won't issue her one because she was not born in the U.S. and has no alternative ID. And round and round we go!
So after yoga class, I picked them up at the house and was heading out to the bank when... my back tire blew! I pulled into the nearest turn lane and called AAA and Richard. Luckily, we were only a street away from home, so he came and got them and took them to our house. A cop pulled up behind me and protected us till he came and got them, and then the AAA guy came and changed the tire to the spare, and I drove up the street to the garage. Two tires later, I drove to my parents' house and paid the rent for the days we will be there. I tried to call the owner of the house, but he is in Las Vegas with his family, so I just told the administrator. They don't even HAVE a caregiver at the house, just the administrator. She told me she thought I was doing the right thing because my mom is really freaked out with Suzie gone. She is taking all her clothes out of the closet and is anxious and fretful. When the administrator bathed her, she didn't want to take the towel away from her body. She was reluctant to let this stranger touch her. So it will be good for her to be with Suzie, even if it is a totally new place, which is bound to be a bit confusing at first.
Monday I'll try to take care of the bank business and ask the credit union whether they would set up such an account for my parents if I am on it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn! What am I missing? Is Suzie follwing your parnts to the new home?

Beth