Monday, April 26, 2010

Where's the Spring?

This year we have a gray spring. Either we've been catapulted forward into June gloom, or backward into February rains. Of course, we haven't been actually getting that much rain, but the air doesn't have that soft and gentle feel of most late Aprils. As if we didn't have evidence of climate change, this is it, since it feels as if we've shifted northward a state or so.
Human beings, most of them anyhow, are not really all that affected by this sort of change, unless they are trying to grow some crop that does not find such change congenial. So I guess I shouldn't complain, and I'm not, really, just wondering at it, as I would any sort of change, being glad I'm not some delicate native plant or lizard that counts on the usual state of affairs.

No comments: