Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Yesterday was Halloween, but I didn't celebrate it. I used to love the holiday when I was a kid and young adult, making up bizarre costumes that disappointed my mother no end. She wanted me to be a sexy black cat, but I preferred concepts like a #2 pencil, a lightbulb, a fly, or a moth. Actually, the moth was kind of sexy, but she still didn't like the idea of her daughter dressing up as an insect. And after the experience at age 11 when I did dress up as a black cat, and was mortified because I was precociously well-developed, I didn't allow her to dress me in the costumes she chose.
Even though no kids ever come to our door, I still buy candy just in case the really little ones come early in the afternoon, but they don't. I didn't decorate. I just can't get it together. I will take the candy to my students today, as always.

2 comments:

liz said...

a #2 pencil?.. awesome! but wait, the ones we've all mashed into many a scantron have been flat...as the proverbial pancake on all 6 sides... cómo?

Robbi N. said...

I tried, but I never was very good at art.