Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Research Paper

My students are engaged in the first part of their research paper--the definition argument. Though I talk and talk and assign pages and chapter and put up examples, I sometimes wonder if I have been yelling into a wind because none of the students seem to have any idea what I am asking them for, and they are afraid to jump into the breach and make their own topics or use the research to argue it though I have modeled it for them again and again. It is a new curriculum for me this semester. Perhaps I will do better next time at guiding them so that this stage will seem like a natural progression, the way I intended it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, they catch on and pull it together in the end, as they often do in these kind of classes! Your students are lucky to have you!

Robbi N. said...

Thanks. Who are you?

Robin said...

Sorry, Robbi. I made the last comment and forgot to sign my name.