Thursday, November 25, 2010

Reading the Contract

I'm no legal eagle, but I just read the contract for the little sale I made of the essay I wrote last year to order for an anthology called Flashlight Memories, and I'm impressed. $10. isn't much, but the terms are nice. I retain full rights,and the book will be sold in print and e-book forms and will be available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble online and print. I can get author's rates for 2 years.
I'm new to all this, and it is amazing to me. Soon I will sign what I am sure will be a more formidable agreement for the other anthology I'm to be published in, Bless Your Heart, the one where my essay/story, "A Village" will be published. I worked much harder on that one, and the editor was a really sharp cookie, eliciting more and more details from me that I added to the story.
There is drama on the home front, though I don't know what today will bring, besides dinner, after a few hours of labor. The realtor will be coming at 10:30 to give us news of the counter-offer put forward by the other party. All I know is that it doesn't involve money. What it could involve I have no idea, and whether this means that we will not get the house I don't know. If we don't, I guess the search is on again.
'

2 comments:

marly youmans said...

Good job, Robbi. May there be many more! And the right house too...

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Marly. Happy Thanksgiving!