Friday, January 28, 2011

Plugging Along

It's been quite a week. I've felt very good about my work in the classroom. I've been clear, I've been kind, and I've been helpful. That's about as much as anyone can ask. But I haven't gotten close to the actual paper yet in any of my classes or given any real grades.
Next week, I get into that with the two classes at the college, and feelings will come into play. I'll see what I can do to help those students who are lagging. Some, I know, I may not be able to help enough to make a difference, especially on the first paper. But I will try. It's difficult because there's nowhere to talk to them. Too many people are sharing my University office, and one guy hogged it all last weekend. Of course, I can try showing up and see what happens, or I can cheerfully try to take advantage of any bench or corner that presents itself. The problem is, I usually need a computer, which won't be available anywhere I can take a student. And also, what if it rains? Oh well. People all over manage. I'll manage.

No comments: