Thursday, July 15, 2010

Another Good Day

Today I pressed forward with the preparations for my class. Though I haven't quite ironed out the structure of the semester, I have created a first paper topic and study questions for A Clockwork Orange, study questions on two chapters from Foucault's Discipline and Punish, and tomorrow will work on reading over an article about the Stanford Prison Study and a video on the subject and preparing study questions and perhaps a paper topic on that. Then I will read a book on the Forgiveness Instinct posited by a biologist, and make up study questions on that. I will then be ready to make a syllabus.
After the finished the study questions, I read a new Byatt book, The Children's Book, for a while, and drove off to Laguna for rope yoga. After yoga, I met up with R and M for dinner. We planned to try that new place, House of Big Fish and Ice Cold Beer, but it was mobbed. Another time. A lovely evening, with a rainbow, and some actual rain!

2 comments:

Rebel Girl said...

I've heard good things about the Byatt...glad your summer is proceeding to include such books, yoga and time in Laguna.

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Reb, and thank you for choosing such interesting stuff for your blog.