Friday, July 16, 2010

Tired, but still fishing for ideas

This weekend we are going to the San Diego Zoo AND the Wild Animal Park, taking advantage of our membership. I love the Zoo, and find that it energizes me, and perhaps I need that energy, since I find that by afternoon, I am uncommonly exhausted and pale, my eyes red rimmed. I can't say why I am tired since I do sleep, most of the time, these days. I wanted to go to synagogue tonight, but again, like the past Friday nights, I feel just too exhausted to make the drive.
I have been feeling as though I am regaining balance, to some degree, but I guess that mentally, I am still exhausted by the events of the past couple of months. It will take a while to gain strength back, I suppose.
Today I read articles about Stanley Milgram's obedience experiment and the related Stanford Prison study. There are wonderful things online about these, including a video on the SPS, from BBC. I can show the video in class and have the students read the articles. There is even an article about using A Clockwork Orange to discuss topics related to the prison system and modes of punishment and a blog entry on Foucault and A Clockwork Orange.
Like the ocean or the Torah, the Internet seems to contain everything, if one knows how to cast the nets.

2 comments:

Lou said...

Stay cool!

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Lou. I will try to.