Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Grey Morning

Aside from a couple of burst blisters, the two 6 mile walks I took the last couple of days have had no ill effects on me. I have not even been winded or sore in any way. In fact, I felt quite good, if a bit hot, after each walk. If I had time, it would be a good idea to do such walks every day. Perhaps I can manage shorter walks on days when I go to yoga class as well, which would be the rest of the week, when I am not working this session. Once fall semester starts, it will be much more difficult to find the time, and I'll have loads of books that will make the walk very difficult, even though I'll be rolling them. I'm not sure one of those carts will tolerate a regular 6 mile roll.
The hospice called me again yesterday and asked if I was okay. I find myself rather resistant to talking about my feelings with them. The sharpness of the feelings are beginning to fade, though I do think about my parents. It is mostly the good things I think about that happened in the past, not the last days and moments. To me, that is a good thing. I don't want to dredge those feelings of helplessness and sadness up again.
My body is resilient, and I hope my mind is as well.

No comments: