Thursday, July 22, 2010

Teacher's Pet

When I first started doing yoga, over 20 years ago, I never imagined that I would be the model for difficult poses, with the teacher shaming the others and admonishing them to look just like me when they did this pose. There are plenty of poses I still cannot do, especially anything involving upper body strength, such as handstand, but I seem to be very good at the moment at doing standing poses and also some twists, and when there's a standing pose that involves twisting, I'm good at that too.
For someone who failed high school gym class, I've done pretty well, I guess. But I won't let it go to my head. I still hurt like everyone else after a difficult class.

2 comments:

Lou said...

I think it's great that you've been able to give your attention to your physical well being--with the long walks to the college and to your yoga. Good for you!

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Lou. I needed that. I also needed to pay attention to my surroundings. Though I still haven't really cleaned up, I am making plans to get new furniture, when we get to buy that new house. And I began to look for things in my closet to give away and things that needed dry cleaning. So little by little, I am making inroads into the chaos.