Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Feeling the Walk

I wasn't tired or stiff when I finished my walk yesterday, after two days of such walks, 12 miles in all. However, this morning in yoga class was a different experience. I was sore and stiff as I made my way down the stairs, thinking apprehensively about the yoga class to come. As usual, I told Bob about the stiff groin muscles, and he responded by offering a class that stretched them painfully out. But they feel better now, so much so that I was in the mood for the sale at the Hanger consignment store in Tustin.
The Hanger is a charity consignment store that sometimes carries beautiful designer and specialty items, mostly women's, but sometimes men's as well. In July, they always have a 75% off sale, so I made my way over there after yoga class, and found some wonderful stuff, including a 3 piece black dressy pants suit. With a bit of tailoring, it will look lovely on me. Most everything I buy needs tailoring, though the beautiful pale green sweater, turquoise silk shirt, and Hawaiian print two-piece shorts outfit I bought didn't need any alteration. In fact, I got the shorts outfit as part of a 3 for $10.00 deal, with a long sleeved cotton blouse and a pair of jeans, just the right length. That's the good thing about consignment stores: sometimes the things belonged to other short people like me. The sale is going on till Friday. If you're in the area, I recommend it.

No comments: