Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good News!!!

Just as I was sitting here feeling pissed and sorry for myself because I got the essay I wrote for Real Simple's contest last year back again, this time from Riverteeth, I heard from Kay Marner, who is putting together that anthology for parents of children with disabilities. You might remember the essay about Jeremy, which I published on this very blog last year some time. She has tentatively accepted the essay for her book, except that she has some edits she wants me to make that she isn't sure I'll accept. I'll have to see them, but I feel optimistic about it. That would be a first for me--publication in an anthology!!! I've been thinking about writing another essay about going to the beach with my parents when I was small. This is the impetus I need to do that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Good news indeed.

Beth

marly said...

Rah. Go, Robinka!

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Friends. Hope you are feeling better Beth! It's good to hear from you Marly. What's new? Still at Hollins?

Robin said...

Congratulations! We were just talking about the odds of getting your essays published yesterday--and suddenly it happens! I am so happy for you!

Robbi N. said...

I submitted that essay last winter. In fact, I wrote it for that anthology, so I am happy she finally took it. I've been in communication with her a few times since I sent it, so I knew she was still interested, but I had the feeling there was something about it she wasn't sure about. So we'll see.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Robbi! This is exciting.

the other L

Robbi N. said...

I hope it happens!