Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bursting Clouds

Every day, it has gotten more and more humid out there, and I've been waiting for the inevitable thunderstorms, rare for here, but expected when the weather is as hot and humid as it has been the last 5 days or so. Last night, when I was driving to yoga class in Laguna, I ran into a very very brief cloudburst--about 5 minutes or less. I felt like that character in the comic strip Andy Capp who used to walk around with a thundercloud over his head, raining only on him. There were few cars on the road, so it felt like my own private rainstorm.
In my bag, on the seat beside me, papers waited for me to get to them. More waited at home. This morning I started in on them. More today.

2 comments:

Lou said...

I wish it WOULD rain!

Robbi N. said...

I saw a beautiful sort of effect, an exploded rainbow, on the drive home from Laguna tonight. There was a rainbow colored burst of light showering upward, like a lawn sprinkler. So it must be raining somewhere. It feels like it.