Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Feeling a Bit Better

I made a big pot of wonton soup yesterday, with scratch chicken soup and frozen wontons. It was soothing, and I got to eat the boiled chicken and vegetables (sweet potatoes) out of the soup, just plain, the way I like them. Despite stomach pains and wakefulness, I managed to keep it all down. Consequently, I feel stronger today. I am going to the doctor anyway before class.
This is an almost yogaclassless week for me, the way it worked out. Because I can't go to morning class, evening class is the only way to go. When I have other things to do, like Torah class today (we're discussing Ecclesiastes, actually), I have to skip yoga. Tomorrow I'm taking the Writing Lab for Kurt in the evening, since he covered Rosh Ha Shanah for me. Thursday, Friday, Saturday are it for me. There is no Iyengar class on Monday except the morning one, so no yoga yesterday. I didn't feel well anyway, and I know how Bob feels about that. He practically waves garlic and a crucifix at anyone who comes to class the least bit sick.
I will be glad to be finished this paper and on to the next one, though it presents major challenges. It is an in class definition argument using Foucault's concept of the Panopticon. It perfectly fits our theme of crime and punishment, so I hope students catch on quickly. I also found a nifty comic book style explanation of Foucault's book Discipline and Punish, from which these excerpts are taken, and provided it for them. In any case, I left only a couple of weeks to do this, then on to the research paper for the rest of the semester.

No comments: