Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How Hot Will It Be?

I cannot tell by looking outside whether it will be hot today. It looks grey, which suggests the marine layer may shield us from the heat. I don't see the trees blowing in a breeze, so no Santa Ana. Maybe I will freeze today, in my skirt and sandals. We'll see. I'll take a jacket just in case. Yesterday the temperatures reached record levels--109 and up. In L.A., I hear, it was 112. It felt like Palm Springs out there, but no time to sit in the jacuzzi and contemplate the mountains, where no snow was.
I guess global warming has come home to roost.

4 comments:

Lou said...

No Santa Ana condition with this heat wave. We're in for more 100ยบ plus and HUMIDITY. Stay inside! :-)

marly said...

Wow. That's getting up toward Death Valley temperatures. I remember being there when it was 126. Wish I could take about 20 degrees off your hands...

Robbi N. said...

I did stay inside... stayed in the Writing Center much of the day, conferencing with students. Hope you are feeling better, Lou!

Robbi N. said...

Marly,
It was only 104 at Death Valley yesterday! Wish I could GIVE you some of this heat.