Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More submissions

After kvetching about the chapbook, and wondering where to send it, I must admit that I have not yet received an answer from the Iyengar's publishing arm. I sent a query letter to them, and told them that my teacher, Denise, is there in Pune right now, with a copy of the chapbook in her possession. Although the illustrator has not responded to my note yet or sent me a drawing or given up or done anything at all, at least the manuscript is out there.
I also got a note in the listserve today about a chapbook contest that was especially interested in hybrid projects, things that didn't fit elsewhere. One of the collections they published was a cardgame/book of poems. I love that idea. It is something I would do. While I found the sample a bit too much reminiscent of fridge poetry, it's a fine idea. I entered the contest, sending the temporary photographs as place holders to give the house an idea what I am talking about. I didn't want to wait till I have drawings. God knows when that will be!

3 comments:

Lou said...

See, now, these are very good leads!

Robbi N. said...

Perhaps. At any rate, I feel as though I am doing something!

Marly Youmans said...

Luck!

I think there are more and more hybrid things...