Saturday, June 5, 2010

Moving Along

Today, with the help from good friends, I bought the food for tomorrow's funeral reception. The choir at synagogue gave me a couple of hundred dollars to pay for it. That is lucky, since I used most of that. There will be a nice spread, and the service also seems to have shaped up nicely as well.
I managed to grade all of the papers, and though I have not planned my classes for the week, at least that is done. It gives me hope that perhaps I can continue after all, even if it will be very very difficult given my mother's state. I also talked to an old friend from school (and the synagogue) who had almost the same experience taking care of her elderly parents' death. She said it was awful, but she made it through, and so would I. That was heartening.

No comments: