Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!

This morning I went to my parents' house at 7 AM and made waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. I had wanted to bring the Trader Joe's frozen fried potatoes with wild mushrooms, but I forgot it, so we had to do without one more carb!
My mother was asleep, though I'm told she was up most of the night, busily trying to escape from her hospital bed. Luckily, she couldn't manage it. She looked as much out of it as she had in the hospital. The caregiver told me I needed to buy her some clothes that would not put pressure on her leg because her pants won't work. They are all too restrictive. So I went shopping today and bought two dresses--a button down and a knit one-- a nightshirt, and a pair of shorts with an elastic waist. I know that isn't much, but it's all I could find today. I thought I'd find those housedresses people used to wear, but there weren't any in her size.
My dad, Richard, and Jeremy loved the waffles. The Filipino caregivers thought they looked gross I guess. They didn't want any. I chopped my mom's waffles up and fed some to her, asking her if she liked them. She said no, but she kept on opening her mouth for more.

2 comments:

Lou said...

What a sweet daughter you are! I hope Mother's Day was happy for you, too.

Robbi N. said...

Thanks Lou. I know you weren't technically celebrating it, but I know your daughters wish you the best all year long.