Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Strange Thing At the Door

Today, it is Tuesday, but nothing happened. No one called me with any urgent emergency. In fact, I discovered that my cell phone isn't working correctly and went off by itself, so maybe that's why. But for whatever reason, I went on to Torah group and had a nice evening for the first time in many weeks talking about a book of Deuteronomy.
It was about 9:10 PM when I came home, and I saw something that seemed to be tucked into the screen door. I couldn't tell what it was because the porch light long ago gave out and replacing the bulb doesn't help. So I reached out to take whatever it was into my hand, and it flapped crinkly black wings, whatever it was, and flew away, right out of my hands. I have no idea what it was, but I screamed, feeling I was holding a bat or a bird or a very large insect. I have no idea which. Or something supernatural, waiting for me there at the door.

2 comments:

Lou said...

How creepy--and significant.

Robbi N. said...

It seems so to me.